The classic cookbook for achieving heart health and wellbeing through a diet that is low in cholesterol and saturated fat--updated and revised with 200 recipes (including 50 new to this edition)
Lose the bad fats, but not the flavor.
Now in its fifth edition, American Heart Association Healthy Fats, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook provides the most up-to-date information on heart health and nutrition. Good-for-you food should also be satisfying, and the American Heart Association reveals how easy it is to replace the bad fats in your diet with healthier ones. This classic cookbook offers more than 200 tempting dishes, 50 of which are new, including:
· Fresh Basil and Kalamata Hummus
· Triple-Pepper and White Bean Soup with Rotini
· Taco Salad
· Hearty Fish Chowder
· Chicken Pot Pie with Mashed Potato Topping
· Balsamic Braised Beef with Exotic Mushrooms
· Grilled Pizza with Grilled Vegetables
· Stovetop Scalloped Tomatoes
· Puffed Pancake with Apple-Cranberry Sauce
· Mango Brûlée with Pine Nuts
The perfect companion for today's healthy cook, this indispensable collection of recipes proves you can eat deliciously and nutritiously.