Enclosed within these pages is a complete guide that describes everything you need to know, from start to finish, to achieve a successful online business. This book is an invaluable resource for anyone on a tight budget who wishes to market products or services on the Internet. It is packed with "real world" information, tips and secrets that will save you hundreds of dollars. Rather than stumbling about, readers will jumpstart their success by benefiting from years of experience and countless hours of research. Written in plain English for non-techies, the book explains how to create, manage and promote a low-cost Website.
A wealth of practical knowledge for successfully preparing and promoting a Website is provided. In clear terms, you will learn:
- Why you absolutely need a Website today to conduct business.
- How to create a Website. A comprehensive step-by-step process leads you through the development of a successful Website. Essential aspects, such as Website goals, its design and layout, selecting easy-to-use authoring tools, site navigation issues, and tips for achieving a user-friendly online presence are covered. An overview of HTML is included to show how simple "cut and paste" operations can add tremendous functionality to your Website. In the process of learning about Website creation, you will overcome any hesitation you may have had by seeing how easy it is to launch an online business these days.
- How to avoid pitfalls. What are the "do's" and "don'ts" in developing your Website?
- How to optimize your Website for search engines through keyword selection, inserting Meta Tags, including specific Webpages and preparing content that gets results.
- The nature of search engines and how to submit your Website to them. What to look out for with Google and Yahoo. Search engine "gotchas" to avoid. Where to find free submission services. How often you should submit your website to search engines.
- How to submit your Website to important directories that boost your traffic and help you to achieve more business.
- Where to find inexpensive tools and services for your Website, including what to look for in your selections. Suggested vendors with affordable solutions are provided at each step.
- Where to find FREE tools, services and tutorials that can be used to your benefit.
- How to successfully promote your Website once it is active. Learn how to use low-cost tactics that can make your online business as prominent as that of major corporations! Cross- linking, article submissions, pay-per-click advertising, online magazine advertising, email newsletters, viral marketing and a host of other strategies that drive traffic to your Website are presented.
- How to measure success and fine-tune your Website for improved sales.
- How to generate even more revenue from your Website.
- Productivity tools, such as autoresponders, which assist you in automating the operation of your Website.
- Inexpensive new capabilities, like RSS feeds and blogs, that boost your search engine rankings, retain customers and push new traffic to your website.
- Where to find additional valuable information that can help you.